A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Kristy McClellan - Better Late Than Never: Transitioning Late...

Kristy McClellan - Better Late Than Never: Transitioning Late...

Full title: "Better Late Than Never: Transitioning Late in Life: A Transgender Autobiography" by Kristy McClellan.

"I never pictured myself actually coming out and transitioning, until the day I could see no other option. I always knew that something wasn’t right, that some part of my inside didn’t match my outside. What I didn’t know then is that I’m transgender, a realization that took a lifetime to fully unpack and understand. And to embrace.

Growing up in Michigan I started off sheltered with no idea of what lay over the horizon, but serving in the navy opened my eyes to what possibilities might be within my grasp. I encountered many forks in the road, sometimes I made the right choice, sometimes my decisions were terribly wrong. But in the end, they led me here, to finally embracing who and what I am, and discovering the joy that can only come from living as your authentic self."

"Kristy McClellan is a transgender author of science fiction, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, and superhero novels. She began writing seriously back in 2016 when she wrote the novella, Nora’s Ark. Previously she had written the short story, Rust, loosely based on her daughter, a story she’d started writing back in 2006. But late in 2017, she began pumping out books with a vengeance, completing seven novels by the end of 2018, including the kDira's World trilogy, Johnny Rockett trilogy, and Captain Phenom. Then trouble began. She found herself out of a job, and with mortgage payments falling further and further behind, she soon found herself facing foreclosure on the house she owned for fifteen years. And then, as if she needed something more, the whole gender thing took control of her creative processes, and she could no longer find words to write.

She had started The Dragons of Neverwind at the beginning of 2019 and struggled with it throughout the year. Only after she came out on Facebook, and with the overwhelming support of friends and family, did she manage to finish and publish Dragons before the end of the year. With Johnny Rockett 4 in the works, I took a little over a week off to bang out this book, my first as author Kristy McClellan. I don’t know if I will write any further books as Kristy, but it was refreshing to bring her out and crank out this autobiography for everyone to read. It was great therapy, and a bit of a mental drain as well. I hope you get something from it, and I hope you become interested enough to check out my K.R. McClellan author page."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book