A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Monica Jay - Geraldine: For the Love of a Transvestite

Monica Jay - Geraldine: For the Love of a Transvestite

Full title: "Geraldine: For the Love of a Transvestite - an autobiographical episode by Monica Jay" by Monica Jay.

"One night, gin-and-tonic before him as always and reading on the settee with me as usual squatting on the ground before him, Gerald announced that he wanted to make a confession', overriding all my objections. I do not like confessions. People are carried away by the temptation of the moment to get things off their chest, only to feel embarrassed the following day. I did not want Gerald to be embarrassed with me. I did not want him to move out of my house. But there was no stopping him. He came straight to the point."

"You said you have had lots of odd people going through your house", he said. "I bet you have never had a transvestite." No, I said. "I am a transvestite," said Gerald. There flashed through my mind the fragments of a play I had once watched on the box, of a handsome tall youth in long blond wig and female dress, visiting a club where he met with others like himself and falling in love with the girl attendant, and they lived happily ever after.


"You are having me on, Gerald, you are joking!" I tried in vain to stem the laughter that was welling up inside me. "Why on earth should a gorgeous-looking man like yourself want to turn himself into a woman! I didn't believe a word of it. This extraordinary and certainly very manly Gerald with his superb sense of humour had just found a new way to amuse me and make me laugh. But Gerald looked at me, smiling, his expressive dark eyes serious. I studied this fascinating face before me for give-away signs of teasing. I found none. He was serious! How very strange, how extraordinary! Gerald in woman's dress? It made no sense at all."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book