A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Sandra 'Jovanka' Alvino - Il volo. La mia vita: ieri uomo, oggi donna

Sandra 'Jovanka' Alvino - Il volo. La mia vita: ieri uomo, oggi donna

Original title: "Il volo. La mia vita: ieri uomo, oggi donna. Storia di metamorfosi e di lotta" (The flight. My life: yesterday man, today woman. History of metamorphosis and struggle) by Sandra 'Jovanka' Alvino.

Sandra is the story of a flight, of a female soul imprisoned in the wrong body, a screamed, shouted, demanding presence that takes your breath away, that does not allow for discounts, compromises, half measures… A story that overflows everywhere for too much abundance of life, for too many open wounds, for abuses and abuses suffered too many times.

We hope that by reading these pages so true and poignant, the liberating force that this flight of Sandra has is recovered, and that everyone learns to turn their eyes towards the many Sandras who inhabit and walk our streets and our neighborhoods and that they can re-emerge the need to restore dignity and name to these lives torn apart by the violence of our silences, our indifference, our presumptuous truths.

Available via goodreads.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book