A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Victoria Volkova - Victoria: Mi camino hacia el amor propio

Victoria Volkova - Victoria: Mi camino hacia el amor propio

Original title: "Victoria: Mi camino hacia el amor propio" (Victoria: My Path to Self-Love) by Victoria Volkova.

"I can say that my biggest victory so far has been daring to be myself, and when I say myself I mean my crudest version, without editing, without filters and showing my most vulnerable side." Years before her success on social networks, Victoria Volkova faced complex situations: bullying, limitations, misunderstanding, and accusations of a society that looks at diversity, rejects trans people, and that limits us all.

It got to such a point that Victoria felt that being the way she was was wrong, which had underlined society to the point of exhaustion. After various internal and external struggles, Volkova reached her path to self-acceptance and self-love, although none of this was easy.

In her first book, Victoria opens up about complex experiences and emotions as a trans woman, who throughout her twenty-eight years has lived in her own flesh. Each of these experiences entails learnings that Victoria wants to share on these pages. "In this book, I tell you all the things that have made me the person I am today. Many of them give me pride and others not so much, but definitely all the stories made me know myself a little more, made me love myself, and forced me to see those parts of me that I don't like so much, but that are also worthy of love."

Available via bookshare.org

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book