A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Jillian Rae Celentano - Transitioning Later in Life

Jillian Rae Celentano - Transitioning Later in Life

Full title: "Transitioning Later in Life" by Jillian Rae Celentano.

"This is my personal guide to help face who you are, accept who you are and love who you are, so you can watch your dreams and accomplishments flourish... If I can do it, you can do it too. Jillian Celentano lived most of her life not accepting who she was. Since beginning her transition at the age of 55, she has been able to live authentically as her true self. In this helpful and practical guide, she offers advice to other people who are transitioning later in life.

Drawing on her personal experiences, she explores topics such as coming out to children, spouses and family, coming out at work, finding your authentic voice, experimenting with style and clothing, and stepping out in public for the first time. She explains how to deal with clocking and discrimination, body dysphoria and the importance of maintaining your physical and mental health. With candour and warmth throughout, this book will support readers on their path to self-love, happiness and acceptance."

In 2023, I interviewed Jillian and asked her about the book: "I realized there are many books written for trans/gender diverse youth, but not too many for us older folks. I am a public speaker and talk about my journey to hopefully educate as many people as I can. I noticed how much of an impact it had on my audience, so I decided it needed to be in a book to reach as many people outside of the area I live in. Then, the pandemic hit, so I was stuck at home like everyone else, and I am the type of person who can’t sit idle, so that’s when I decided to write my book. I have never written a book before, but I realized when you are passionate about something, the words, thoughts and feelings just flow."

Jillian Rae Celentano, LMSW (Licensed Master Social Worker), is an American author and advocate for the transgender community, a mentor for trans youth, and has organized support groups for transgender children and young adults. Jillian co-authored two published transgender studies at Yale University and is a Community Liaison at the Yale Gender Program. Her book "Transitioning Later in Life: A Personal Guide" was published in 2021.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book