A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Alessia Nobile - La bambina invisibile. Diario di una...

Alessia Nobile - La bambina invisibile. Diario di una...

Original title: "La bambina invisibile. Diario di una transizione" (The invisible child. Diary of a transition) by Alessia Nobile.

Alessia is a transgender woman, but this definition is only a social stigma that distorts and hides a world of emotions hidden in the most ancestral dualism, that between body and soul. Alessia talks about this split and its consequences. From her childhood in which the awareness emerges that her childhood envelope is only an optical illusion, because her soul is female, to her adolescence struggling between loneliness and the desire to reproduce some form of normality, from the methodical and reflective construction of an identity that does not allow conformist betrayals to the transition and crumbling family and social relationships, as it closes every job opportunity. Alessia must refound her life every day and on her way she will meet the diaphanous loneliness of fragile girls and the empathic warmth of Don Gallo, the tenderness of the childish gesture of an ordinary man and the wickedness generated by ignorance.

Available via ibs.it

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book