A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Maria Vöckler & Sara Schurmann - Blau mit ganz viel Glitzer

Maria Vöckler & Sara Schurmann - Blau mit ganz viel Glitzer

Original title: "Blau mit ganz viel Glitzer" (Blue with lots of glitter) by Maria Vöckler & Sara Schurmann.

Luis Vöckler was three years old when he first expressed his greatest wish: he wanted to be a girl like his role model the ice queen Elsa. This is just a phase, his parents Maria and Cai think, leaving him the fun of dressing up at home. But over time, they realize that their little son could actually be a girl. For the whole family, all ups and downs of emotions begin.

Maria Vöckler talks about life with her trans* child Luisa. She deals openly with the topic and involves the kindergarten. And at first, everything seems to be going well. But then other parents complain to the management of the kindergarten, which then activates the youth welfare office. The accusation: child endangerment.

Maria Vöckler's very personal story is written down by journalist Sara Schurmann. She was looking for parents of trans* children for an interview in the summer of 2019. The research was not easy, but Maria Vöckler was finally ready to talk about her experiences.

Available via lesen.de

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book