A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Sherilyn Connelly - Beautiful Ghosts: A Queer Memoir of San...

Sherilyn Connelly - Beautiful Ghosts: A Queer Memoir of San...

Full title: "Beautiful Ghosts: A Queer Memoir of San Francisco" by Sherilyn Connelly.

"A Generation X transgender woman, Sherilyn Connelly came out of the closet in 1999. Her own identity still emerging, she had stumbled into a difficult, stifling relationship. Also, her employment at a tech company ceased when the dot-com bubble burst. It was a goth boy from Bolinas that first took her shopping for make-up, and the San Francisco goth scene became her respite. This wickedly eye-opening memoir reveals how Connelly dealt with a toxic partner and found her voice as a woman. A longtime cinephile, it tells how she became a writer, rekindled a love for cult films and horror conventions, and learned "the secret to becoming a star."

"Her remembrances are also a tale of a bygone era of sex, music and San Francisco and its darkened underworld of goth strays--her literate vampires and beautiful ghosts."

In 2014, I interviewed Sherilyn and asked her about what it means to be a transgender writer? Sherilyn: "In the case of myself, it just means I'm a transgender person who's a writer; not everything I write is about being transgender, and if being transgender has hurt my career, I haven't really noticed it. Indeed, I think it's gotten me into a few non-transgender books I might not have been in otherwise."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book