A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Stephanie Rachael Vaughan - Half Him Half Her: When do I...

Stephanie Rachael Vaughan - Half Him Half Her: When do I...

Full title: "Half Him Half Her: When do I get to be ME" by Stephanie Rachael Vaughan.

"Gender, what is it exactly? It has often been said that Gender is who you go to bed 'as', whereas Sexuality is who you go to bed 'with'. But what happens if you are born 'intersex' and sit somewhere in between male and female; a situation made more complex if your parents conceal that fact from you? And what to think when you learn, more than five decades later, that you had modifying surgery when you were born?"

"Half Him Half Her is a heartfelt portrait beginning with the birth of Robin, to farming parents, in a small Yorkshire town in 1961. Ostensibly a boy, a relatively happy childhood ensues until puberty confirms some of the conflicting and troubling feelings that Robin has been experiencing. The physical and mental bullying started there. But despite his ever-increasing anxiety Robin survives through school, work life and even marriage.

It was after his eventual relocation to Western Australia that he learned the extraordinary truth that had been withheld from him for fifty-four years. Half Him Half Her is Robin's remarkable journey from man to woman; from the confusion and pain of the soul-sapping subterfuge of 'living the lie' to the events that became the catalyst for his transition from Robin into Stephanie - the woman she knew she was always meant to be. Follow Stephanie's incredible odyssey; from a Yorkshire dairy farm, through adolescence, adulthood, work and marriage to eventual Gender Reassignment Surgery and her new life in Western Australia."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book