A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Urszula Jabłońska - Człowiek w przystępnej cenie

Urszula Jabłońska - Człowiek w przystępnej cenie

Original title: "Człowiek w przystępnej cenie. Reportaże z Tajlandii" (Man at an affordable price. Reports from Thailand) by Urszula Jabłońska

A collection of reports from Thailand, stories about the situation of society, especially women, and references to young transsexual girls.

"This story takes place in red neighborhoods lighthouse (where the author tries to understand why prostitution in Thailand is illegal), slums (where she discovers that nearly two-thirds of adult Thais work illegally), fishing ports, and shelters for refugees.

The book presents a story about what it actually means to "buy a man". What makes him want to do it? Where is the border between help and trade? Who can afford freedom? And why exactly in Thailand, where slavery was abolished at the beginning of the twentieth century, and whose name means "country of free people"?" We can follow the story of Nong Toom, a transgender Muay Thai fighter (Thai boxing), who no longer fights. And there are other ladyboys who tape their genitals to look more feminine...

Available via lubimyczytac.pl

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book