A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Delia Vaccarello - Gli svergognati. Vite di gay, lesbiche, trans

Delia Vaccarello - Gli svergognati. Vite di gay, lesbiche, trans

Original title: "Gli svergognati. Vite di gay, lesbiche, trans... storie di tutti" (The shameless. Lives of gays, lesbians, trans... Everyone's stories) by Delia Vaccarello.

The book tells the true stories of ten people who have stopped being ashamed and are finally living their lives as lesbian, transgender, and gay people. A wife leaves her husband to live with her, a transgender person writes to her son explaining that she can no longer call him dad, a twenty-year-old woman falls in love with a peer via email, a transgender man describes the journey towards an undoubtedly male identity: these are some of the stories told in the book.

Love for the person who belongs to one's own sex or the search for a gender identity other than that written in the forms of the body are considered transgressions with respect to the recognized normality. The book wants to place the stories of people defined as gay, lesbian, transgender in the open sea of life, tracing as the only possible frame a space to live equal for all. Not stories of different people, but stories of people.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book