A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Vanessa - Memoirs of a Samoan, Catholic, and Fa'afafine

Vanessa - Memoirs of a Samoan, Catholic, and Fa'afafine

Full title: "Memoirs of a Samoan, Catholic, and Fa'afafine" by Vanessa.

"Vanessa was born in independent Samoa, where her parents were Catholic missionaries. Her father, an American Samoan, was a naturalized United States citizen while her mother was a citizen of independent Samoa. Through the one-parent naturalization law of the U.S. Immigration Office, Vanessa became a United States national, the immigration status of all the citizens of the American Samoa Territory of the United States.

Her memoirs are a recollection of her life as she struggled through her sexual identity, becoming the first fa'afafine to reach a deputy position in a government department (ASCC) dressed as a woman. It also depicts her involvement in the establishment of the first fa'afafine organization on the island and its beauty pageant fund-raising to help the community, specifically the old people's home at Fatu-o-Aiga and the LBJ Medical Center. She also promulgates her reactions to the writings on fa'afafines by different authors in this short autobiography."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book