A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Julia Pacifico - Trajectoires Trans

Julia Pacifico - Trajectoires Trans

Original title: "Trajectoires Trans" (Trans Trajectories) by Julia Pacifico.

"Raerae". In Tahiti, everyone knows at least one. Everyone knows what that means. Directly associated with the idea of drugs-alcohol-prostitution, the life trajectories of trans people on the island all seem to be mapped out.

The author spent time with them and after collecting their testimonies, the word "raerae" takes on a whole new meaning. It echoes a stigma, that of their femininity. Marginalized from an early age, they constantly build and legitimize their feminine identities in a society that discredits their practices. Being trans in Tahiti is not just about being a raerae. This book gives them a voice to understand the complexity of their life trajectories.


Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book