A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Rossella Bianchi - Il prezzo di essere

Rossella Bianchi - Il prezzo di essere

Original title: "Il prezzo di essere" (The Price of Being) by Rossella Bianchi.

Rossella Bianchi, one of the first and historic Italian transsexuals, tells her story in this raw and realistic autobiography, not without renouncing the irony that distinguishes her.

As with her previous books, she also dedicates this to Don Andrea Gallo who, as she herself says, "tiptoeing into my life, instead of trying to change myself, helped me realize my dreams." Her hope is that this book will reach parents above all, to bring them the message of those who have no voice: "Love and help your children for who they are and not for what you wanted them to be."

Rossella Bianchi was born with the name of Mario. As soon as she could, she moved to Genoa, where she still lives. She is the president of the Princesa Association, founded by Don Gallo. Princesa is the title of a famous song by Faber in 1996 but it is, first and foremost, the name of a trans woman whose dramatic story is told by Rossella in the final pages of her book dedicated to her friend-almost father Don Andrea.

Rossella, like most trans people, both MtF and FtM, has not been understood and accepted by her family and has tried to realize her dreams in these almost eighty years of life; Here are her words "I think about how my real life was: renunciation of affections, family, police persecution, prison, hunger, sanatorium, discrimination, the risk of ending up in the drug ring, of getting sick with AIDS. How many battles lost or won but, on balance, there was the realization of all my little dreams. I, after all, have never dreamed big.

"I was born on November 14, 1942 in a remote village in the hills of Lucca in a peasant family. Even as a child I felt the unspeakable desire to identify myself with a feminine identity. Until I thought I was the only sick mind on the face of the earth, I had thought about how to get around the obstacle: to become a priest."

Available via Amazon
Photo via Facebook.

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book