A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Sarah Coffey - Sweetgrass: The Girl in the Dream

Sarah Coffey - Sweetgrass: The Girl in the Dream

Full title: "Sweetgrass: The Girl in the Dream" by Sarah Coffey.

"Sarah Coffey was brought into the world in 1961, and was assigned male at birth. As a young child, she experienced feelings of being different - in her soul and her mind she was female. It was only after navigating adolescence, early adulthood and the birth of her children that Sarah finally decided to listen to the feelings within her to become her true self.

Follow Sarah on her journey of discovery and self-love. At times raw and emotional, Sarah sheds light on a topic that can be confronting. An authentic and powerful story, Sweet Grass: The girl in the dream will allow insight not only into Sarah's own experiences but hopes to spread awareness around gender transitioning."

In 2023 I interviewed Sarah and asked her about this book: "It actually started out as a therapy task with my psychologist when I was in transition. You see, my natural inclination is to internalise everything, this was a way of getting it out.

After I finished my transition, my best friend suggested it should be a book, so I wrote the first part, she thought there should be more still so I wrote the last part. I then decided to publish mostly so that all the famous people with a platform could see that we do not do this on a whim and that the consequences are enormous for ourselves, our friends, and our families. If they read Sweetgrass perhaps they may find a little kindness and understanding when attempting to erase us."

I also asked her about being an advocate of the transgender cause: "I’m not an advocate for trans rights, rather, I’m trying to be a counterpoint to some of the negative trans things going on around the world. Whilst I am definitely not in the closet, and try to educate wherever I can, I do not offer up my past to whoever asks, it depends on who’s asking. I have never felt ‘stealth’ to be an option for me as I transitioned later in life. I spent most of my life lying about who I am and have no intention of spending the remainder of my life lying about who I was."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book