A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Lisa Bunker - She Persisted: Rachel Levine

Lisa Bunker - She Persisted: Rachel Levine

Full title: "She Persisted: Rachel Levine" by Lisa Bunker.

"As the first openly transgender government official to hold an office that requires Senate confirmation, the first openly transgender four-star officer in uniform service, and the first female four-star admiral in the commissioned corps, Rachel Levine faced many obstacles throughout her life. But she persisted through them all and showed kids of all genders that they can succeed in their dreams too.

In this chapter book biography by critically acclaimed author Lisa Bunker, readers learn about the amazing life of Rachel Levine--and how she persisted. Complete with an introduction from Chelsea Clinton, black-and-white illustrations throughout, and a list of ways that readers can follow in Rachel Levine's footsteps and make a difference! A perfect choice for kids who love learning and teachers who want to bring inspiring women into their curriculum."

I interviewed Lisa in 2017 and asked her what it means to be a transgender writer, poet, or artist: "Honestly, I don’t think being trans makes me that different from cis writers. Writing is not an inherently gendered act. It’s a human mind and soul alone with a language, trying to make something out of it that will give other humans insight or pleasure or comfort or all three.

That said, of course, I’m in a unique position to tell trans stories, and I do think it matters to hear stories from the people who have lived them."



Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book