A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Karen Lyra - Finding myself: Discovering my gender identity

Karen Lyra - Finding myself: Discovering my gender identity

Full title: "Finding myself: Discovering my gender identity" by Karen Lyra.

"“Finding Myself” is an inner journey I decided I must start some years ago and writing this book has become a crucial part of it, a definitive milestone in my life. I realized I am transgender not very long ago and became aware that I have lived all my life not suppressing a “part of me”, as I once thought, but suppressing my true self.

Given the stage of the life I am going through, with its circumstances, challenges and blessings, maybe it is going to take more time until I can achieve the changes I want but it is not fair to keep my true self in the dark for longer. If I haven’t come out in real life yet and it may take a while until I can take that step, I know I can put my words out there to share all I have been through since the very first moment of my life that I thought I wanted to be a girl.


By writing this book I am giving myself the chance to be out somehow to ease the turmoil in my head and also as a way of reaching other souls that might be in a similar situation with their gender identity too, and possibly let these lines be part of what they need to read to move forward in the paths of their own journeys."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book