A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Kyle Mewburn - Faking It: My Life in Transition

Kyle Mewburn - Faking It: My Life in Transition

Full title: "Faking It: My Life in Transition" by Kyle Mewburn.

"Kyle Mewburn grew up in the sunburnt, unsophisticated Brisbane suburbs of the 1960s and '70s in a household with little love and no books, with a lifelong feeling of being somehow wrong - like 'strawberry jam in a spinach can'. In this book, Kyle describes this early life and her journey to becoming her own person - a celebrated children's book author, a husband and, finally, a woman.

This is a heartbreaking, often hilarious, candid true story about what it means to hide from yourself, your partner and the world, and then to attain the freedom and acceptance of being yourself. A story with the bittersweet beauty relevant for anyone wanting to know and understand the trans experience - or anyone wanting to discover who they are and what they are meant to be."

In 2023, I interviewed Kyle and asked her about what inspired her to write “Faking It: My Life in Transition”: "When I started my transition in 2017 - or should that be when my transition became public because I'd told Marion 5 years earlier - I decided to share my journey on Facebook. As a result, a publisher friend at Penguin approached me to ask if I'd be keen to write my story. How could I refuse? If she hadn’t asked, I suspect I would have waited many more years until I shared my story. Who would want to read about my life?"

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book