A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Rachael Evelyn Booth - Crossing the Gender Divide

Rachael Evelyn Booth - Crossing the Gender Divide

Full title: "Crossing the Gender Divide: A Life in Two Worlds" by Rachael Evelyn Booth.

"Imagine knowing at the age of five that you were a girl, and everyone told you that you had to be a boy. Think about what it would be like to live a lie every day of your life. This is the story of a woman’s forty-year struggle to finally become her true self.

Told through her memories of being a confused child and her experiences as an adult trying to fit into what society said she should be, her tale is recounted with sometimes embarrassing honesty and with the clarity of hindsight. It is a heartbreaking and uplifting story that will make you cry quietly and laugh out loud. If you want to understand more about what it means to be transgender, this book is for you."

I interviewed Rachael Evelyn Booth in 2016 and asked her about her transition experiences: "The thing I’m proudest of myself for in my road to transition is that I never let any outside influence be a crutch for me to lean on that could possibly become a hindrance to me later. I was convinced that I could do this simply using my own inner strength.

I knew that alcohol and drugs would only mask my pain and could lead to horrible addictions which would be just one more awful thing I’d have to deal with. I also stayed away from religion because I didn’t believe that any god was going to help me. I prayed to god when I was a child and when I got no answer I turned to the first star. I think that each of us has our own inner strength that is much more effective than we can imagine. I’m not saying that you can’t get help – we all have to. I’m just saying that we have to use our inner strength to stay away from the “quick fix” that just gives us more problems to solve."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book