A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Cami Richardson - Foggy Googles

Cami Richardson - Foggy Googles

Full title: "Foggy Googles: A sequel memoir to 'Do you know who I once was'" by Cami Richardson.

"Foggy Googles is a sequel memoir to my first book called 'Do you know who I once was.' In my discussions with my editor on the first book, she suggested I leave out many of my stories and memories about my firehouse years, my amazing wife Teri, my ski career and entrepreneurial years and try to focus the book on my transition to that of being a transgender woman. I agreed and I believe that first book helped me move forward in reaching my personal mission goal of educating and enlightening others about the transgender community. After publishing it and in allowing some friends and family to read some chapters that were left out, the common response I received was that I should publish them and include them in a sequel, so “Foggy Googles” became a reality."


"This book will also include an update on my transition over the past six years, which have been some of the most rewarding of my life. Why the name “Foggy Googles?” Well, in the book I speak of my 50 years of being a skier and having a career in the ski industry. If you know anything about skiing and have had an experience with having foggy googles while skiing, you realize that it can lead to crazy results. Your vision could be impaired, and many funny, sad, or unbelievable events could happen. In this book you will read about some of my personal stories, and I believe you will enjoy hearing some of my own “Foggy Goggles” experiences."

Im 2022, I interviewed Cami and asked her whether we should be called ‘runners’ instead of transwomen. We run, run, and run away from our feminine self until it catches up with us. The only difference is how long we can run away: "I ran and ran for 55 years before I finally came out 24/7. I hid it over all those years with spurts of doing it more often than not.

It was such a relief when I finally was able to come out full time and have that burden lifted off my shoulders of being in hiding and not living my true authentic self. I have absolutely loved my life since coming out as a trans woman in 2016. I am a huge advocate for the LGBTQ community, especially the transgender community, and serve on three different boards as well as organizing a huge trans event in Vegas every year."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book