A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Rachel Conlin-McLeod - Pas De Deux: A Transgender Memoir

Rachel Conlin-McLeod - Pas De Deux: A Transgender Memoir

Full title: "Pas De Deux: A Transgender Memoir" by Rachel Miyoko Conlin-McLeod.

"A self-reflective memoir of Rachel Conlin-McLeod's journey of self-discovery, realization, and transition. It is an exploration of gender identity and expression, the struggles of finding one's true sense of genuine identity and the joys and pains of being a transgender girl."

"Pas de deux. A duet typically between a male and female pair of dancers, as in classical ballet. In my case, a ballet between the young boy who tried to be a man, and a young girl, trying to be a woman. A duet between my past self as David and my present self as Rachel. This is a self-reflection on the journey I have made from self-discovery and self-realization to transition and beyond. This is a story of my struggles to be genuine and authentic. It is a reflection on my search for truth in myself."

"It is the story of my fears, my traumas, my jealousies, as well as my dreams and joys. These are my explorations into my genuine gender identity. Mine is a story about nightmares and the power of fear; about dreams and inspirations that lead to true happiness. The music is about to start. I am taking my position. Take your seats! The curtains are about to rise! My truth is coming out. Ready or not... the show must go on!"

"Rachel Conlin-McLeod was born on August 17th, 1975, and is the author of over twelve books and novels of horror, fantasy, and historical fiction. Her first novel, "Dancing with the Moon", book one of her Dragon's Tear Chronicle series, was published in 2002. Her latest work, a new adaptation of the Hans Christian Anderson classic, "The Little Match Girl" titled, "Nadia: The Little Match Girl" was published in late 2011. Rachel Conlin-McLeod was voted 2nd most under-rated horror author of 2009 by Editors and Predators Poll and her novel, "While the Wolves Cry", the sequel to "Dancing with the Moon" was listed at #39 Best Horror Read of 2009 by MyShelf.com. In 2011, her historical fiction, "Running from the Sun" was featured at Eastern Connecticut State University's Arts and Sciences Conference to critical acclaim.

When not writing and publishing, Rachel enjoys painting, following the New York Rangers, and her local AHL team, the Hartford Wolf Pack. She is an avid hockey fan and college gymnastics fan. She is also a staunch advocate for the LGBTQ community and identifies as transgender. She is happily married and lives in North Windham, Connecticut with her wife Tammy Huestis and their two cats, Murloc and Bailey."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book