A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » ÉPICÈNE - Trans*

ÉPICÈNE - Trans*

Original title: "Trans*" by ÉPICÈNE.

The book deconstructs stereotypes related to transgender people by presenting 46 portraits of trans* people from all over Switzerland. The portraits consist of a photograph taken by Noura Gauper and an interview conducted in one of the three main national languages by a professional journalist. They concern 23 women and 23 men, 20 in French-speaking Switzerland, 20 in German-speaking Switzerland and 6 in Ticino.

In concrete terms, our goal is to fight against discrimination and exclusion of transgender people at the social level. Currently, the suicide rate among trans* people is 10 times higher than that of the cisgender population and unemployment is 6 times higher. This work, which lasted more than two years, shows that trans* people, if they can be themselves, are perfectly integrated people, no different from the rest of the population.

Available via epicene.ch

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book