A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Helmut Kraatz - Zwischen Klinik und Hörsaal

Helmut Kraatz - Zwischen Klinik und Hörsaal

Original title: "Zwischen Klinik und Hörsaal: Ein Frauenarzt sieht sich in seiner Zeit" (Between clinic and lecture hall: A gynecologist sees himself in his time) by Helmut Kraatz.

Autobiography of a gynecologist who writes about the medical treatment of transsexual and intersex people in the GDR era. The emeritus professor leafs through old records, letters, and pictures. That's when he comes across a photograph of a little boy sent to him by grateful parents. The doctor's intervention had helped them to be able to hold their long-awaited child in their arms.

There are many testimonies of successful work and happy patients, but also memories of difficult hours of desperate struggle for a human life. Helmut Kraatz reports on how difficult it was for his parents to let their son study, and what obstacles he had to overcome before the musically gifted high school student became an internationally recognized and highly honored gynecologist.

Available via lili-elbe.de
and Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book