A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Lena-Angelique Stachat - Den Abgrund immer vor Augen

Lena-Angelique Stachat - Den Abgrund immer vor Augen

Original title: "Den Abgrund immer vor Augen: Tagebuch einer Frau, die nicht als Frau zur Welt kam" (The abyss always in sight: Diary of a woman who was not born a woman) by Lena-Angelique Stachat.

"This book was written over a period of six years. It was never meant to be written. And yet it came about after many encouragements from friends. First and foremost, it should help me to come to terms with my difficult life path. After numerous conversations, the desire arose to tell other people a part of my biography. I was born a boy, but for some reason I don't understand, I've always felt more connected and related to the opposite sex.

In order not to attract attention, I lived as a man without ever having communicated myself to others. It was a normative life. But it wasn't my life. And in a single moment, everything I knew until then was completely turned upside down. From now on, I became a minority of society. I was fighting for my life and for recognition as a woman. I had to assert myself against resistance from within and without. The journey is an ongoing process that has not stopped with this book."

Available via lili-elbe.de
and Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book