A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Stephanie Mott - I Thought I Had Something to Say

Stephanie Mott - I Thought I Had Something to Say

Full title: "I Thought I Had Something to Say" by Stephanie Mott.

In the book, Stephanie Mott, a Kansas civil rights activist and transsexual woman, shares some of the words she posted on her Facebook timeline in 2014 along with some of her experiences from her 57th trip around the sun.

Stephanie Mott was a mental health clinician, LGBTQ advocate and prolific public speaker who traveled the country to share her experiences as a transgender Christian woman. She served as the vice chair of Equality Kansas, chaired the LGBTQ caucus of the Kansas Democrats and founded the Kansas Statewide Transgender Equality Project. She passed away on March 4, 2019 at the age of 61 after suffering a heart attack.

Stephanie Mott was a well-known advocate for LGBTQ rights in Kansas and one of the state’s leading voices for transgender rights. She filed a lawsuit in 2016 seeking to change her Kansas birth certificate to identify her as female, but that case was dismissed in 2017. 

The New York City-based Lambda Legal Defense Education Fund then filed a lawsuit last October, which remains pending, challenging the refusal by Kansas government officials to correct gender identification on birth certificates for transgender individuals. Stephanie Mott’s legacy continues to inspire and empower the LGBTQ community in Kansas and beyond.

Available via lulu.com
Photo via huffpost.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book