A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Takeshi Isikawa - Hijura: Indo dai san no sei

Takeshi Isikawa - Hijura: Indo dai san no sei

Original title: "Hijura: Indo dai san no sei" ヒジュラ インド第三の性 (Hijra: The Third Sex in India) by Takeshi Isikawa 石川武志.

"Neither a woman nor a man, holy and profane, one who serves God, who bathes in stones, who weeps in spring - the hijra. It has been 17 years since I was following their lives with a camera in hand. In the midst of numerous photographs and plain texts, the third sex living in India, the land of chaos, forms a real picture."

Born in 1950, Takeshi Isikawa is a photographer. After graduating from the Tokyo College of Photography in 1972, he studied with Eugene Smith and traveled to the United States.. He became a freelancer in 1975 and has since covered the Silk Road, India, Thailand, the Philippines, China, and other Asian countries, as well as South America.

Available via seikyusha.co.jp

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book