A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Lola Bhajan - Lola Cruda: Atípica, atópica, utópica

Lola Bhajan - Lola Cruda: Atípica, atópica, utópica

Original title: "Lola Cruda: Atípica, atópica, utópica" (Lola Cruda: Atypical, atopic, utopian) by Lola Bhajan.

"When I was a child, I prayed to God to wake up like a baby," says Lola Bhajan, an Argentinian trans musician and writer, in one of the chapters of Lola Cruda. She is a versatile artist and trans activist involved in musical projects such as “Hermanas Travestis.” She impresses with her powerful voice and her passion for traditional music such as baguala and vidala, whose roots lie in northern Argentina.

Her first novel, marked by a literary discourse that portrays the passage of a trans girl, who goes from puberty to youth; that measure of time where the world inexorably begins to take other forms.

Between the personal diary and the autobiography, Lola tells how at 11 she began to enter hetero chats, and at 13 she was encouraged to participate in gay chats. Today she is a trans activist, writer and singer. Her book is a journey in transit to the underworld from the voice of a traverse, South African and warrior. They are stories with headquarters. A map of the city, a journey through the eyes of Lola, who discovers her identity in the quilombo of the capital of a third-world country.

Available via pagina12.com.ar
Photo via Instagram

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book