A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Malene Andreasen - At blive et helt menneske

Malene Andreasen - At blive et helt menneske

Original title: "At blive et helt menneske: Om mit liv og min lange rejse mod erkendelsen" (To become a whole person: About my life and my long journey towards realization) by Malene Andreasen.

"The author, Malene Andreasen writes about her autobiography: I have made a decision to change my life, do away with the feeling of being ashamed of myself. It is not an easy process, everything that we people with our gender do not think about, but take for granted, must be done away with. The shame and thus actually less self-esteem for not having the standpoint that others have and act on. Every corner in me must be turned and every corner must be accepted as the woman I am. It's actually a pretty tough process that requires courage. I have a DUTY to make the most of my life. I have the RIGHT to be greeted for who I am."

"Hi, my name is Malene and I am a woman born in 1956. Raised most of my childhood and as a young person in Hvidovre, I was born into a lovely and loving working family, with an apartment and allotment. I had a fantastic youth in the 70s with culture, music, politics and cohousing in a movement called HIPS in Hvidovre."

"Unfortunately, I was not born with the gender that fits who I am. It took some time before I recognized it and did something about it, but it is in place now and gave me an amazing peace and strength, getting one's perceived, expressed, and physical gender to cohere. The strength I have gained, I have used to give others the courage to say "who I am" I am active in LGBT Denmark and employed as a project manager in T -Lounge."

Available via transviden.dk
Photo via lykkemalene.dk

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book