A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Silvero Pereira - BR-Trans

Silvero Pereira - BR-Trans

Original title: "BR-Trans" by Silvero Pereira.

"In BR-Trans, the author and actor Silvero Pereira gives voice to several narratives, real and fictional, of transvestites and transsexuals he met during the research process for the show, in the Ceará-Rio Grande do Sul axis, mixing his personal history with the stories collected. By bringing all these voices together, mixing fact and fiction, the author sews a portrait of the trans universe in Brazil, shedding light on life stories full of doubts, anguish and transformations.

BR-Trans was nominated for the APTR 2015 awards in the Actor and Author categories, and Questão de Crítica 2015 in the Author, Direction and Show categories. He was the winner, by popular vote, of the 2015 Aplauso Brasil award in the categories of Actor, Spectacle and Dramaturgy, and of the popular jury award for best show at the Northeast Theater Festival of Guaramiranga. In 2015, it was elected by the newspapers O Globo and Estadão as one of the 10 best theater plays of the year."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book