A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Delissa Dawn - Reflections in the Mirror

Delissa Dawn - Reflections in the Mirror

Full title: "Reflections in the Mirror: True Life Story of a Transgender Woman" by Delissa Dawn.

"Delissa Dawn was born 1971 in Tulsa, Ok as a boy. From the early age of three, she experienced the beginning of a lifetime of traumatic experiences and trials that would nearly destroy her. Knowing she was different from a very young age, she began to explore her curiosity and would become the center of discrimination within her own family. Delissa spent years trying to prove to her family that she was a man which in turn, only created a world of self-hate, depression, alcoholism, and suicidal thoughts and attempts.

Delissa would live a life for 47 years as a male while suffering inside and deceiving those around her by not living as her authentic self. Wile in the military, she experienced sexual assault while serving on Iraq Freedom orders in the Middle-East to be punished for holding others accountable and serving with integrity. This story is full of traumatic experiences, hurt, pain, and hate which would eventually turn to hope, love, happiness, and authenticity."

Available via barnesandnoble.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book