A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Hazel Krebs - Enthusiastically Me

Hazel Krebs - Enthusiastically Me

Full title: "Enthusiastically Me" by Hazel Krebs.

"A journey of self discovery, covering only a few years, though a lifetime of emotions starting with despair and anguish created through expectations from family, society, and religion; eventually leading to discovering the beautiful life that was always held within. The journey uncovers the darkest paths of one existence, seemingly necessary to find the correct route for joyful happiness.

The story begins in March 2018, when the narrator, who is in the throws of a depressive episode, considers if this day will be the end. Along the path is the first stop at a familiar park, finding a bench that held the whole life for an afternoon. Eventually moving on from the bench and parts of the life, there is a meeting at that very bench, which is frustrating at first; however, later becomes the start of a new path. This time perhaps with a helpful trailblazer to join.

As the narrator navigates ups and downs of life, a conversation continues bringing more understanding of all the transitions he is going through, until one particularly monumental transition signals the perfect destination, which happens to be present the entire time. The outcome is discovering a life to be enthusiastic to live! These true events lead to a gender transition, yet the journey is for all people needing their on transition for the better life they already have within them."

Hazel Krebs is a transgender woman who has been actively involved in advocating for transgender rights and visibility. She gained attention in the context of a new law in Kansas that would require transgender individuals to reverse their gender identity on official identification documents. Like many transgender people, Hazel faced challenges related to mental health, including depression and anxiety. Her story highlights the struggles and resilience of transgender individuals in navigating legal and societal barriers.

In 2024, I interviewed Hazel and asked about her transition: "I came out as gay in 2018, which is what ended my marriage. After that time, I started feminizing my look, including wearing makeup and nail polish. My book starts around when I came out as gay, since shortly after coming out as gay, I started questioning my gender. It took me several years to realize who I was, but by that time I was already pretty feminine.

Additionally, we were always an inclusive home, then before I actually told my kids, I talked to them more about what transgender is. There are so many books out there geared towards kids of all ages, so I checked those out from the library. By the time I told my kids, they had a pretty good level of acceptance of transgender, so when I told them they said “Is that it?”"

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book