A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Mina Rudin - Veni Vidi Vici: What Actually Happened

Mina Rudin - Veni Vidi Vici: What Actually Happened

Full title: "Veni Vidi Vici - What Actually Happened?: The inner journey doesn't always mirror the outer" by Mina Rudin.

The book is the follow-up of two books published previously in Swedish: "Mina Rudin - Veni Vidi Vici - Min resa från pojke till flicka: En självbiografi av Wilhelmina Rudin" (2019) (Veni Vidi Vici - My Journey from Boy to Girl: An Autobiography by Wilhelmina Rudin) and "Veni Vidi Vici - Resan Efter: Del 2 - En Självbiografi Av Wilhelmina Rudin" (2020) (Veni Vidi Vici - The Journey After: Part 2 - An Autobiography By Wilhelmina Rudin).

"Imagine that you wake up and realize that you are in the wrong body. You were a boy yesterday, and woke up as a girl. Or you fell asleep as a girl and woke up as a boy. Wondering how it would feel. Every morning of my life, I have woken up and had a masculine attribute. We all know that boys have a snot, while girls do not. But in my case, and many other transgender people out there in society, it happens every day."

"We have something called gender dysphoria, a feeling and experience that we belong to the opposite sex. Or to put it more correctly - My gender identity is female, while I was born with the legal gender male. I was born with a snot that boys have. My life has been built after a role. A role as a boy, a man, and which I have tried to prove to society for so many years. That it's not true. I'm a girl, a woman. I and many with me, live in situations like transgender, transsexual, transgender. And we must, unlike many others in society, prove that we are not what you think we are. I have to prove to everyone that what I do between my legs does not match what I have inside the forehead bone. Many years have passed, and many difficult days and weeks have followed me, from infancy, adolescence and up to adulthood."

"Writing an autobiography, and reliving your life and all thoughts along the way, is an experience to say the least. And it's not easy. It's a challenge I took on. Since all my writing for such a long time resulted in questions after an autobiography. The interest just kept growing from the outside, and then a little seed inside me began to sprout, and the thought that - Yes, why not. The book Veni Vidi Vici is based on memories, thoughts, Facebook posts over the years, opinions and attitudes from outside and lots in between. I have built the book in chronological order, starting with memories that I remember, and trying to put it right. Something I can remember a little wrong, and apologize in advance. But the memory within me ruled. I try as much as possible to omit people by name. Some family member may have slipped along, but I have no names with me."

"My book is a bit meant to be a reworking project for me, so I can let go of some history and thoughts behind me. At least the weight around it. But also included as a memory bank over the years and as an extra understanding reference for other people who want to know more. Many trans people out there have relatives who do not have the knowledge of the inner feeling a trans person has. In many cases, this child suffers from transidentity, whose parents do not understand or accept even identity. I hope the book can help a little along the way. Veni Vidi Vici is a book about the journey before surgery. The journey during the emotions and the get-out process, until before surgery time. That part of the journey will be in my next book. In this, I go more into the depth and understanding before the procedures."

Mina Rudin is a Swedish author, businesswoman, LGBTQ lecturer, and the founder of Withe Security. She is the author two biographical books: "Mina Rudin - Veni Vidi Vici - Min resa från pojke till flicka: En självbiografi av Wilhelmina Rudin" (2019) (Veni Vidi Vici - My Journey from Boy to Girl: An Autobiography by Wilhelmina Rudin) and "Veni Vidi Vici - Resan Efter: Del 2 - En Självbiografi Av Wilhelmina Rudin" (2020) (Veni Vidi Vici - The Journey After: Part 2 - An Autobiography By Wilhelmina Rudin).

Available via Amazon
Photo via minarudin.se

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book