A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Tricia Dale - I've Told Someone: A Transgendered Tale

Tricia Dale - I've Told Someone: A Transgendered Tale

Full title: "I've Told Someone: A Transgendered Tale" by Tricia Dale.

"It has taken me just over two years, a tremendous amount of determination and commitment, and lots and lots of practice to become the person I am today. I knew I was getting there when I was walking in the local neighborhood about a year ago. I passed a gang of young children playing in the street. I carried on walking and heard the pitter-patter of tiny footsteps behind me. A little girl, around six years old, patted me on the backside.

Excuse me, but you're not a real girl are you? I put my perfectly manicured finger to my lips. Sssshhh, don't tell anyone. A few weeks ago in Piccadilly Gardens, a girl wasn't sure about me so I gave her a wink. Are you a girl or a boy? she asked. I'm a girl of course. I knew my voice would give me away."

"What I didn't realize was that she was with her mates. Luckily for me, they were lovely, polite kids. They followed me shopping asking me questions all the while. We went to Evans to look for shoes. When I came out I was amazed to see there were more kids waiting for me. I now had about ten teenagers following me. There had obviously been some texting going on. Eventually the inevitable happened. Tricia, do you mind if I ask a very personal question? Of course not, but I may choose not to answer. The girl put her hand to her mouth in embarrassment. Do you sleep with men? and gave a girly giggle. No, I don't honey, I've told you I'm a girl. men sleep with me!"

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book