A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Bárbara Fox - Por toda la eternidad

Bárbara Fox - Por toda la eternidad

Original title: "Por toda la eternidad. Autobiografía de la primera mujer transexual en Yucatán" (For the whole eternity. Autobiography of the first transsexual woman in Yucatan)

Chances are, you don't know who Barbara Fox is. Nor does Ãmbar Gay, or Ãmbar Berenice Gaynor Manzur, or Andrea Elizabeth, or Leonardo Gaynor Manzur. But in all cases, it is the same person. She was born Leonardo, adopted the first two names as stage names, and finally "after surgical interventions and legal procedures" ended up being Andrea Elizabeth.

Barbara Fox is not only a recognized name in the artistic environment of Yucatan and within the LGBT community but also for being the first transgender woman officially registered in the State.

She dances, acts, sings and has performed on all kinds of stages. More than 60 years have passed since her birth as an artist and just as she has witnessed the times of glory, she has fought at the foot of the canyon for the rights of sexual diversity. "I started at six, eight years old, to realize that I was a woman trapped in a different body, so my struggle began. The difference is that it was a totally different time than it is now.

"Since I was a child I realized that I liked dolls, that I was very feminine, I don't know, I think I was already predestined for this mission, I was focusing, I was achieving the path, I was finding my identity, because that is the most important thing, to be able to accept you so that others can accept you." "Yes I took therapies with psychologists, I prepared myself before taking that big step to undergo a gender reassignment surgery, because it is a trip without return, I was very trained, taking hormones, making a transition well, I did it with that desire to feel myself, that is, to have the coherence that my body is in tune with my soul, With my mind and spirit, if I am a woman, I feel like a woman, I have to be a woman."



Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book