A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Christin Sophie Löhner - Trans(*)parent

Christin Sophie Löhner - Trans(*)parent

Original title: "Trans(*)parent: Wie eine Normvariante der Natur ihren Weg findet" (Trans(*)parent: How a standard variant of nature finds its way) by Christin Sophie Löhner.

Christin Sophie Löhner is a German author, politician, activist and feminist, blogger, speaker on transgender topics, and expert in web development and server administration.

In 2022, I had a chance to interview this inspirational woman and this is what she told me about this book: "There were very many reasons to write this book. I have experienced very, very much in my life. Especially pretty bad things because of my transsexuality, respectively because of my behavior, my way, and my appearance. I was brutally raped several times, was very badly addicted to drugs, and prostituted myself for many years. My school years were very bad because I was bullied a lot and of course, I couldn't cope with myself. In the end, however, I survived despite everything and went my way. There are so many tips and information in this book and every person can get so much out of it. And that was the main reason: to help and encourage as many people as possible."

"I tell every single aspect in detail. I tell how I found and experienced my first therapist, why I went to another therapist, how I got the hormones, how I did my first name and marital status change, how and when I then applied for gender reassignment surgery, breast reconstruction, and on and on. Of course, policies, guidelines, and laws change over time. Nevertheless, every person who is affected by these topics can draw a lot of helpful information from them."

Christin Sophie Löhner is an activist, feminist, politician, wife, and mother. She is dedicated to advocating for the rights of transgender people. Born as Alexander Michael von Borcke in Berlin, she was adopted in 1974 and later took the surname Löhner. After her first marriage in 1991 in Konstanz, she adopted the name Mielan. Christin’s journey is a remarkable one: she was categorized as “male” at birth due to external sexual characteristics, but her true identity as a transsexual woman emerged later in life. Christin has been a vocal advocate for transgender rights, working to raise awareness about the challenges faced by transgender individuals. Her activism has helped promote understanding and acceptance. By sharing her personal story and experiences, Christin has increased visibility for transgender people. Representation matters, and her openness has inspired others to embrace their true selves. As a politician, Christin has actively participated in discussions and policy-making related to LGBTQ+ rights. Her presence in political circles contributes to a more inclusive and diverse representation.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book