A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Daliah Husu - I Am Woman

Daliah Husu - I Am Woman

Full title: "I Am Woman: Surviving the Past, the Present, and the Future"

In this raw and emotionally charged memoir, Daliah Husu declares her trans womanhood with an honest and authoritative voice. Searching for her true identity, yearning for her mother’s acceptance, and desperate to find love, Daliah shares her painful, yet enriching journey into self-actualization and womanhood—a journey that starts as a young boy growing up without a father or mother in the slums of Santo Domingo, and who later transforms into a young woman obsessed with gaining the attention of men, forced into sex work, and haunted by alcohol and drug abuse.

In 2016, I talked to Daliah about the book: "The idea of writing my autobiography had been in my mind for some time, but I never thought I could achieve it. It wasn’t until I was in a financial and emotional crisis that I started writing my memoir. At the time, I was broke, my car was repossessed by the bank, and I was fired from my job. What I did have at that time was my now husband and lots of time, so I started writing. I created an action plan and wrote one page per day until my book was completed. It took me three months to write the first draft of my book, and then I re-wrote it a couple more times after that. Sixteen months later I had a completed product out on the market."


Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book