A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Eve Burchert - Reflections: Transgender at 7, Out at 84

Eve Burchert - Reflections: Transgender at 7, Out at 84

"The book is a deeply personal story that follows the trials and tribulations of Eve's life. Born Eberhard Burchert in pre-World War II Germany, Eve knew for a majority of her life that she was meant to live as a woman. 
She was haunted by these emotions, yet denied them during her every day life as she focused on surviving the harsh end of World War II and immigrating to America with nothing but $64 and two suitcases.

While she wasn't out to her family and friends, Eve was an active member of the transgender community, breaking barriers and teaching many about what it meant to be trans, while reveling in the chance to be herself, if only for a weekend.

After 77 years, Eve is no longer relegated to the weekends, her feminine attire pushed to the back of her closet. Now her reflection is one she recognizes."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book