A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Kenna Dixon - I'm Not The Man I Used To Be

Kenna Dixon - I'm Not The Man I Used To Be

Kenna Henderson, also known as Kenna Dixon, is an American writer, ghostwriter, editor, and the author of the book titled "I'm Not The Man I Used To Be", published in 2012, and republished in 2017.

In 2014, I talked to Kenna and this is what she said: "Monika, I’m a lazy person. I don’t mind admitting that. So I never would have written the book without having nearly three years of a journal to start with. 

When I decided to do my own “real-life test”, I began to document the experience and the thoughts it provoked in a blog I called “Another Self”. That was an invaluable resource, and it gave me the impetus to tell the rest of my story. I’m not sure why I did it or even if it was a conscious decision. For some reason, I felt it was necessary.

The process brought back some painful memories, but in the end, writing the book was cathartic. And I’m very happy that it has served as an inspiration for so many people. I don’t think I’m particularly interesting, but we all have a story to tell and we never know when something we write may help another person.

The world has changed so much for the better. Anyone coming out now has resources and sources of support that were not available to those of us who were young all those years ago. So the best thing I can recommend is not to suffer in silence like I did.

As you know, gender dysphoria doesn’t go away. It only becomes stronger if you don’t resolve it, and the result is all too often tragic. You have to be yourself. In fact, it’s your birthright. As far as we know, you get only one chance here on Earth. Accept who you are, be proud, and live your life to its fullest potential."


Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book