A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » LisaAnn Estrine - Valor

LisaAnn Estrine - Valor

"This is a book about a young man who was a United States Navy SEAL, then shook up the world when he decided to change his gender and become a woman, "Kristin Beck". This is her story through the eyes of her sister in waiting, Lisa Estrine."

Kristin Beck, aka Lady Valor, is a retired United States Navy SEAL, recipient of multiple military awards, author, and actress. In 2014, I talked to Kristin about her transition and career in the army and this is what she told me: "The most difficult thing is the unintended consequences of our personal actions. My coming out caused ripples in my family and friends and other circles that I may never know. Our choices affect so many other people and things, we should all do our best and also understand the many effects of our actions."

"I met many female soldiers who were in the US forces and many other allied countries. Everyone I met during my years of service was exceptional in their commitment to duty. I was honored to serve my country and the journey toward a lasting peace among the nations of this world. I was a soldier and served and wish to continue this service as a civilian, possibly run for office at a later date. I really feel the best politicians we have are the ones who served in the Armed Forces as they know deep within their souls the meaning behind Liberty and Freedom."


Available via goodreads.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book