A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Mariella Fanfarillo - Senza rosa né celeste

Mariella Fanfarillo - Senza rosa né celeste

Original title: "Senza rosa né celeste. Diario di una madre sulla transessualità della figlia" (Without pink or light blue. Diary of a mother on the transsexuality of her daughter) by Mariella Fanfarillo.

"I learned the hard way the difference between seeing and looking: now I know that I always saw my son but I looked at my daughter. It is from this dazzling awareness that the story of Mariella Fanfarillo begins, a journey back through her life and that of her daughter Esther, a courageous transgender girl, the second to have obtained in Italy the authorization to change gender without the obligation of the operation when she was still a minor.

Reaching that goal was not easy, but Esther and Mariella have always remained close to each other, supporting each other and facing together the violence - physical, psychological, and even bureaucratic - of a country still unprepared to face diversity and perhaps even, even more, self-determination."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book