A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , » Michelle Alexander & Michelle D. Rose - The Color of Sunlight

Michelle Alexander & Michelle D. Rose - The Color of Sunlight

Full title: "The Color of Sunlight" by Michelle Alexander, R.N. and Michelle Diane Rose.

"The true story of a rural nurse's journey with her remarkable patient; a blind, terminally-ill transgender woman who teaches her much about compassion, understanding, and unconditional acceptance. This is not just a story for all who seek to understand the phenomenon of transgender. It's a memoir of a truly unique experience with lessons for all of us."

I liked the review by Pat Whalen: "This is a lovingly written book that tells the story of the experience that Alexander, an RN, had when she was assigned to work with a male-to-female transgendered patient named Mischelle Woodring who was in the end stages of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Alexander had never known a transgendered person before and, while her initial reaction was that it was something weird that she wanted nothing to do with, she found herself feeling curious and interested in learning more.

"If you have the courage to ask, I have the courage to answer," Mischelle told her in response to her questions about what it was like to be transgendered. This marked the beginning of a journey of self-discovery for Alexander and a deep and meaningful bond between her and Mischelle. Ultimately, Alexander became an advocate for the trans community and a Life Coach who today guides others on their own journeys."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book