A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Michelle Nastasis - QdQh: Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts

Michelle Nastasis - QdQh: Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts

Full title: "QdQh: Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts: The Life and Journey of Michelle Nastasis" by Michelle Nastasis.

Michelle is the first known Transgender professional poker player from Florida, USA. In 2021, I interviewed her and this is what she told me about the book: "I felt like a visible and very out transgender woman, it was the appropriate time to put pen to paper and finish the story I started over 3 years ago."

When asked about the social price of the transition, she said: "My mom, dad, and younger brother all effectively disowned me. I got extremely lucky in the fact that my first wife was a nurse and totally understood my diagnosis of gender dysphoria. She told my sons, who were 13 and 15 at the time in a language they could understand what was going to happen. My mom, dad, and brother have not spoken to me in over 17 years."

"Professionally, I still face the bigotry associated with President Trump. I have heard comments like: "the clown show has arrived." "Tranny faggot." "Oh look, it's a guy in a dress." I use those comments as motivation. My response is to be quiet. My personality is summed up by my nickname - The Ice Princess. It comes from the way I play. Ice cold. Zero emotions and the cold heart of an absolute assassin."

Michelle Nastasis is a trailblazing figure in the world of poker. She holds the distinction of being the first known transgender professional poker player. Her journey is one of resilience, determination, and breaking barriers. Michelle’s passion for poker led her to compete at the highest levels, overcoming unique challenges along the way. As a transgender woman, she has not only made her mark in the game but also become an inspiration for others. Her story resonates with strength, courage, and authenticity.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book