A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Rebecca Tallon De Havalland - His Name is Rebecca

Rebecca Tallon De Havalland - His Name is Rebecca

Full title: "His Name is Rebecca: The Incredible Story of Ireland's First Transsexual".

"What do you do if you're born trapped in the wrong body Eamon Tallon was happy to be different, preferring cut-out dolls to footballs, the Bunty to the Beano. Then his life was shattered when, from the age of seven, he was sexually abused at a school run by a religious order.

His journey to find himself or herself, as it turned out was long and tortuous. As Eamon he got married he chose the wedding dress and the honeymoon was a clothes-shopping spree in London. As Ross, a gifted hairdresser, he lived as a gay man. Eventually, he arrived at the truth: he was a woman in a man's body. 

Rebecca was the first transgender in Ireland to have a full sex change. But there were many other lives to be lived - madam in a male brothel in Amsterdam, abused wife, a heroin addict in London, night-club hostess Lady V in Dublin - before Rebecca finally found happiness, success, and a granddaughter she never knew she had. This is the inspiring story of a woman who fought for fulfillment and found it, against all odds."


Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book