A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Andréa Colliaux - Carnet de bord d'un steward devenu hôtesse...

Andréa Colliaux - Carnet de bord d'un steward devenu hôtesse...

Original title: "Carnet de bord d'un steward devenu hôtesse de l'air" (Logbook of a steward turned into stewardess) by Andréa Colliaux.

"Changing sex, for Bruno Colliaux, was not a whim of "great madness" but a cruel ambiguity of nature. Treated as a beautiful little girl in childhood, stuffed with male hormones at puberty to develop her male organs, this androgynous character never supported manly attributes that did not correspond to her deep reality. Not to mention the look of others, the loneliness, the impossibility of confiding. Neither "gay", nor "straight", neither man nor woman, she had to choose.

Duly followed by psychiatrists and understood by her management at Air France, a few black sheep aside, Bruno began his feminization. And Andréa tells us the tragicomic stages of this mutation, the painful hair removal, a new hormonal treatment, the preparations for the operation, but also the social difficulties (in her passport, "she" is always "Bruno", then at the borders...), and the clothing details: girl, so be it, but when you measure 1.85 ni and you wear 41, it is better to avoid miniskirts and stilettos! The book is a testimony that is both moving and humorous, which challenges certain prejudices and unfortunate preconceived ideas."

I interviewed Andréa in 2013 and asked her about her childhood: "My childhood was nothing but a nightmare! I felt that something was not doing fine when I was 6 or 7 years at school then my little friends already considered me as a little girl. My parents died in a car accident when I was 7. My tutors were my father’s parents. It was very hard. Then they never understood the difficulties I was passing through with my identity troubles.

At the age of 14, I was given many injections of masculine hormones. This was the beginning of a long nightmare; then my beard grew, I had hair on my chest, etc... From that time I was “androgynous”; afterward, it created a real confusion in my mind when I was looking at myself in a mirror, there was such a difference between what I was feeling inside and the cruelty of this body which was no longer mine."

Available via Amazon

Andréa Colliaux has passed to the other side. May she find the happiness and love she gave to others. Thank you for all you have done ... You were my best friend. I miss you so much. Sleep with angels.

15 December 2023

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book