A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Martine Rose - Rose's Repartee: Shy boy to trans-woman

Martine Rose - Rose's Repartee: Shy boy to trans-woman

Full title: "Rose's Repartee: Shy boy to trans-woman" by Martine Rose.

"That's me, Martine Rose, on the cover. The photo was taken recently as I write this in 2020 aged 81. Yes 81! Most people are surprised when they learn my age and ask me what my secret is. Well, maybe you will have a clue after reading my story. I was born male. This is not such a surprise to most people after meeting me, especially when they hear me speak.

Most of my life has been defined by my overwhelming wish that I had been born female and since I finally came to terms with my transvestism, from the age of 40 I have devoted most of my life to helping others like me. But it was not until 2016, aged 76, that I fully transitioned to become a trans-woman."

"The other defining characteristic about me is my often crippling shyness. It has plagued me throughout my life but I have tried hard to overcome this disability and for me, I do regard it as a disability. I have done a lot in my life, from being a structural engineer to a taxi driver, travelling much of the world with my own adventure trekking business, producing a pioneering magazine and organising events for the trans-gender community. 

I've also spent much time doing diy building work on every of the several homes I've had in my lifetime. Even though I've led an interesting life, there has generally been one thing missing and that is true love. My failure to find a woman (and it must be a woman) to love and share my live with has fequently been a cause of sadness for me and has occasionally made me feel suicidal. But I carry on, live in hope and try to be thankful that apart from feeling lonesome much of the time, I have had, and continue to have, an interesting and largely most enjoyable life."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book