A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Holde-Barbara Ulrich - Messer im Traum: Transsexualuelle in ...

Holde-Barbara Ulrich - Messer im Traum: Transsexualuelle in ...

Original title: "Messer im Traum: Transsexualuelle in Deutschland" (Knife in a dream: Transsexuals in Germany) by Holde-Barbara Ulrich.

"The book presents transsexual life stories with texts and photos, it was published in 1994 by Konkursbuch-Verlag. The author Holde-Barbara Ulrich and the photographer Thomas Karsten portray 13 transsexual people, 10 trans women and 3 trans men, aged 24 to 64 years on almost 170 pages.

In the foreword, we can read: We have chosen thirteen of the exciting life stories in words and pictures for the volume because we believe that they are exemplary for many others in their almost unbearable injuries, their insane power of hope, their blissful transformations, their gender euphoria - their simple longing for love and life. It is our wish that the portraits of these people may help those affected to find their way out of their own diaspora. We also hope to be able to persuade the seemingly "normal" to help transsexual people and all those who are different to live with understanding and encouragement."

Available via lili-elbe.de

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book