A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Luísa Marilac & Nana Queiroz - Eu, travesti: Memórias de Luísa...

Luísa Marilac & Nana Queiroz - Eu, travesti: Memórias de Luísa...

Original title: "Eu, travesti: Memórias de Luísa Marilac" (I transvestite: Memories of Luisa Marilac) by Luísa Marilac and Nana Queiroz.

Biography of transvestite and activist Luísa Marilac by Nana Queiroz, author of Prisoners who menstruate. Luísa Marilac was born in Minas Gerais and assumed to be a transvestite at the age of 17.

In addition to the traditional traumas associated with the transition of gender in a conservative and lower-class family, she was stabbed seven times at the age of 16, was a victim of sex trafficking in Europe, prostituted herself, raped and arrested more than once. She went to fame after she went viral on YouTube for a video of herself with the catchphrase "And they said I was in the worst".

In a story of overcoming, she turned pain into energy to fight for the change of the world for women who are born like her – with a "piece of picanha between her legs", as she often does. A transvestite activist, she works to combat prejudice with humor and frank dialogue. With Nana Queiroz, she builds a visceral and poetic account of her trajectory, dedicated "to all transvestites who never lived to tell their stories".

"For me there was no security, there were anonymous stab wounds. There was no love, there was pimping. There was no immigration, there was sex trafficking. There was no freedom in the world, there was jail. There were no conquests, there were losses. For me there was no fame, there was no identity, there was no name."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book