A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Angela R. Vigil - Becoming The Woman I Want

Angela R. Vigil - Becoming The Woman I Want

Full title: "Becoming The Woman I Want: Real-life insight into a transgender's worries, pains, hopes and joys in carrying out vaginoplasty" by Angela R. Vigil.

"A brave transgender lady's frank and endearing narrative about how she underwent vaginoplasty and changed into the woman she had always wanted to be. With the help of her parents, Mirabelle made the transition to being a female at a young age. When Mirabelle was 19, she underwent gender confirmation surgery (vaginoplasty) as part of her physical transition.

Mirabelle reflects on her experiences and how they have influenced who she is in this outstanding memoir. But it wasn't always simple. Mirabelle faced numerous obstacles, but she persisted and now shares her experiences with others. Her mother has been by her side the entire time, making the transition from male to female much simpler than for others without family support."

"Changing from male to female is never simple, especially if you began your life in a boy's body. Being born a boy and nurtured as one, she constantly questioned whether she should have been born a female and because she didn't think she could share this idea with anyone, Mirabelle kept it to herself. She didn't have any trans role models. Mirabelle, who was then nineteen, had never felt happy living as a man before she underwent a bodily transformation into a woman. Through surgeries and recovery, highs and lows, from school to the real world, Mirabelle welcomed others on her journey.

With warmth and humor, Mirabelle also describes how she overcame the many challenges and peculiarities of her transition, such as deciding where to have the surgery, locating a qualified practitioner, and experiencing an emotional breakdown following the procedure. Her life both before and after surgery is chronicled in BECOMING THE WOMAN I WANT. This memoir gives readers a glimpse into the process of gender change."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book