A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Saeko Souma - Sei doitsusei shogai 30-nin no kamingu auto

Saeko Souma - Sei doitsusei shogai 30-nin no kamingu auto

Original title: "Sei doitsusei shogai 30-nin no kamingu auto: I recognize myself as what I am!" (30 Gender Identity Disorder Coming Outs: I recognize myself as what I am!) 性同一性障害30人のカミングアウト by Saeko Souma 相馬 佐江子.

The book presents different stories of transgender people in Japan. One of the major psychological hurdles for transgender people is to disclose their gender identity to those around them, the so-called "coming out." Will I be able to gain an understanding of those around me, and will I be accepted by my parents?

The hurdles vary depending on the era of birth and environment, but those who have no fear of prejudice or discrimination are probably in the minority. In particular, in the case of people with "gender identity disorder" (GID), whose physical sex and mind are different at birth, many people want a treatment such as sex reassignment surgery, so parents of transgender people must feel confused and helpless.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book