A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Amy Kate Carter - Hello World, I'm Amy Kate

Amy Kate Carter - Hello World, I'm Amy Kate

Full title: "Hello world, I'm Amy Kate" by Amy Kate Carter.

"Imagine waking up every day in a body and a gender that doesn't feel right. For forty-two years, this was my life. Pain, misery and depression were all I knew. Any vague semblance of a smile on my face was fake, there only to appease the people present at the time.

Gender dysphoria, and consequently being transgender, is not a choice any sane individual would make. The only real choice is how to deal with it. I faced a choice of fight to survive or leave this world in a ball of flame. I was born a boy, but as I grew it became clear to me that this was a mistake. Today, I'm a happy confident woman having undergone transition from male to female. This is my life, my story. Unapologetically me."

"Amy Kate Carter was born in Leicester in 1972. Growing up around cars, she worked on them with her father, learning valuable skills from him. Amy left school at the age of sixteen with very few qualifications. She studied at Leicester college to become a motor mechanic and later went on to become a technical trainer in the motor industry. 

Amy carried a secret with her for many years before making the decision to transition from male to female in 2015. The five years that followed were some of the hardest she has ever faced, and now, with transition in her rear view mirror, she is able to reflect on the experience. The result is her first book, "Hello World, I'm Amy Kate"."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book